The Japanese Food and Ingredient Supply Chain Platform Consortium (hereinafter referred to as the “Organization") will handle information obtained from customers (hereinafter referred to as "Customer Information, etc.") as described below to provide services from the Organization (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”).
1. The Organization will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information in Japan and other relevant laws and regulations, and make every effort to properly handle and protect Customer Information, etc. including personal information in order to realize the protection of Customer Information, etc.
3. Terms used in this policy follow the definitions used in the terms and conditions of sale of the Services unless otherwise specified.
1. When selling the Services, the Organization will obtain Customer Information, etc. including personal information ("personal information" means information defined in paragraph 1 of Article 2 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information in Japan, and the same shall apply hereinafter) as provided below.
(1) Information to be provided by customers
1. The Organization will obtain information on customers designated by the Organization including the customer’s corporate, organization or individual’s name, gender, location or address, date of birth, his/her department, e-mail address, telephone number, personal identification information stated in the customer's identity documents.
(2) Information to be collected by the Organization when the customer uses the Services and their associated services
1. Terminal information
When the customer uses the Services, the Organization may collect terminal information used by the customer (e.g. ID information that can identify the terminal) in order to maintain and improve the Services or to prevent unlawful acts.
2. Log information, action history and information on service usage
In order to maintain and improve the Services, or to prevent unlawful acts, the Organization may collect IP address, date of request by the customer, operation history records at the time of the use of the Services, information on remittance and receipt of money and other information on usage status of the Services that are automatically generated and stored when the Organization provides the Services or when the customer uses the Services.
3. Cookie and anonymous ID
The Organization may use a technology called "Cookie" and similar technologies when providing the Services. Cookie is an industry standard technology with which a web server identifies a computer of a customer. Cookie can identify the customer’s computer, but cannot identify the customer himself/herself. The function of Cookie can be invalidated by changing the settings on the electronic terminal, but please understand in advance that in that case, the Services may become unavailable.
2. The Organization will obtain Customer Information, etc. by proper means, and not by false or other improper means. Additionally, when obtaining Customer information, etc. by other means than through the use of the Services by the customer, the Organization will give prior notice or announcement of its intended use.
1 The Organization will handle Customer Information, etc. obtained through the provision of the Services within the scope of the following purposes, and will not use it beyond that scope without consent of the individuals.
|Purpose||Details of the purpose||Information to be used|
|Provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services||
|Notification and response to customers, etc.||
|Creation of Statistical Data||Creation of statistical data by processing the information provided in the right column so that individuals or specific users cannot be identified (Statistical Data).||
|Provision to a third party||
A third party who received the information described in the right column from the Organization will use such information for the following purposes:
A third party who received the information described in the right column will use such information for the following purposes:
Statistical data created by processing the following information so that individuals or specific users cannot be identified (Statistical Data).
2. The Organization may change the purpose of use set forth in the preceding paragraph to the extent that the purpose of use after the change is reasonably deemed duly related to the original purpose of use. When the purpose of use has been changed, the Organization will notify the customer of, or publicly announce any change by posting it on the website operated by the Organization or by other easy-to-understand means.
1. In principle, the Organization will not provide personal information to any third party without the individual's consent. In the following cases, however, the Organization may provide personal information without the consent of the customer to the extent that it does not violate the relevant laws and regulations.
2. When the Organization has provided personal data ("personal data" means data defined in paragraph 6 of Article 2 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information in Japan, and the same shall apply hereinafter) to a third party based on the customer's consent, the Organization will make and maintain records of the following matters:
3. Notwithstanding the provisions set forth in paragraph 1 of this Article, the Organization may provide to a third party the personal data included in Customer Information, etc. listed in the “Provision to a third party” column of the table in paragraph 1 of Article 3 by e-mail or other means, if the Organization has notified the Personal Information Protection Commission. However, the Organization will stop providing the personal data to the third party when the customer does not wish his/her own personal data to be provided to the third party and notify the Organization in accordance with Article 10.
4. In accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, when the Organization has provided personal data to a third party, the Organization will make and maintain records of the following matters:
The Organization may outsource all or part of the handling of personal information obtained from the customer within the scope necessary to perform the purpose of use. In that case, the Organization will in advance conclude a confidentiality agreement with the trustees under terms and conditions that conform to this policy, and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure proper safe management of the information by the trustee.
The Organization may share personal information obtained from customers with Affiliated Partners or other third parties within the scope necessary for the provision of Affiliated Services, development of services, etc. In that case, the Organization will publicly announce in advance the types of information to be shared, the scope of parties involved in shared use, the purpose of use of parties involved in shared use, and the names of parties responsible for managing such information.
1. In order for the Organization or a third party such as an advertisement distributor to implement a targeting advertisement (an advertising method that delivers advertisements according to the needs or interests of users), the Organization may collect the following information by using the information collection module prescribed in the preceding Article, and accumulate or use such information to provide the Services or Affiliated Services.
2. The Organization will provide the information collected based on the preceding paragraph to companies that distribute behavioral targeting advertisements (hereinafter referred to as "Advertisement Distributors") for the purpose of delivering useful information to users by distributing optimal advertisements customized according to the needs or interests of the users.
For the prevention of any leakage, loss or damage, and proper management and protection of Customer Information, etc., the Organization takes necessary and appropriate measures to ensure safe management of Customer Information, etc. such as by limiting access to personal information files, keeping the number of persons with authorized access to the minimum necessary, and installing security software to prevent unauthorized access from outside.
For requests for disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use of personal information on the Services (hereinafter referred to as "disclosure, etc."), please use the inquiry form provided in Article 12. However, these procedures may not be possible if the Organization does not have obligations to carry out them under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information in Japan and other laws and regulations, if the same requests are repeated many times without justifiable reasons, or if the procedures require excessively technical work.
1. The Organization will endeavor to timely review the status of the operation of handling of Customer Information, etc. to improve such operation continuously, and may revise this policy from time to time as necessary.
2. The Organization will notify of revised policy by posting it on the Services or the website operated by the Organization or other easy-to-understand means. However, if the revision requires the consent of the user under laws and regulations, the consent of the party to a contract will be obtained by means separately prescribed by the Organization.
For any comments, questions, or complaints regarding the Organization’s handling of Customer Information, etc., or other inquiries about the handling of Customer Information, etc., please use the inquiry form below.
c/o Agri Holdings, Inc.5-4-35-1005 Minami Aoyama Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan 107-0062
(Please note that inquiries are accepted from 10 am to 5 pm on weekdays.)
Established on January 25, 2018